Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a great day. How are you celebrating? Even though it’s a holiday here, I’m still joining up with Running with Spoons for the weekly link up to discuss some random thoughts from the week.
Thinking Out Loud about Life
2. Thanksgiving week is a whirlwind for sure. I created a schedule for myself this week that involved cleaning, prepping all the kitchenware and cooking as much as possible in advance. I’m hoping today’s festivities will run smoothly and that everyone has a good time.
3. Last year, I made butternut squash soup as one of the appetizers for the meal. It was delicious, but I want to switch things up every year so things stay exciting. This year, I’m making a roasted squash dish with sage that sounds like it will be pretty delicious. I plan to keep collecting Thanksgiving recipes as the years go on and keep them in a binder so I can easily pick and choose from one year to the next.
4. Is anyone planning to participate in Black Friday? I certainly won’t be going out to any stores (the crowds are just too much), but I will be trying to scope out some deals online. It’s nice that more stores are offering online deals lately on Black Friday as well as Cyber Monday. I’ve already done a lot of Christmas shopping but will be keeping an eye out.
5. Making the shopping slightly more complicated is the fact that my husband’s birthday is the second week of December. I always end up buying enough gifts for him for two occasions and then making the decision at the last minute which gift is for which day.
Thinking Out Loud about Blogging
6. This week on the blog, we took a look at the November BoxyCharm which included a super cute palette.
7. I also discussed the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly palette and the brand new Urban Decay Heavy Metals in One Week One Palette. That Heavy Metals palette – wow!
8. Stay tuned this weekend for a rundown on the latest Play! by Sephora box as well.
Tell me about your Thanksgiving!