It’s almost the weekend, and it’s also almost time for me to go on vacation. I can’t wait! Before that happens though, let’s do some catching up with the weekly Thinking Out Loud linkup.
Thinking Out Loud about Traveling
1. It’s a packing extravaganza today, and I think I’m definitely erring on the side of overpacking. Since we’re driving, there’s more freedom to pack things even if I’m not completely sure they’re necessary. I like when I don’t have to overthink the packing process, and after traveling internationally last year, this seems like a breeze.
2. What isn’t a breeze is trying to find the perfect purse to take with me for travel. I feel like I’ve been searching for the perfect travel purse for years, but still haven’t found something exactly right. I need something lightweight, possibly crossbody and easy to carry. But it also has to have a decent amount of room inside it. Any recommendations?
3. We’re lucky that we live within driving distance to New York City because we both love going there. We went twice last year and have been going consistently since we’ve been together. It takes about 4 – 5 hours to drive from where we live, which isn’t bad at all.
4. I much prefer road trips like this one over getting on a plane. I’m quite scared of flying, though I do still push through because I don’t want to miss out on travel experiences just because of the fear. It’s funny though, because I remember going to Disney World with my family when I was a kid, and I loved flying back then. It’s funny what age will do to you.
5. Flying internationally is a little easier on me, even though we’re on the plane for considerably longer. I find that the really large international planes experience a lot less turbulence. Thank goodness because I don’t think I could deal with 13 – 15 hours of turbulence when going to Japan!
6. And now that I’m thinking about flying after writing those few paragraphs, I’m super glad I don’t have to get on a plane this week!
Thinking Out Loud about Blogging
7. I was not too happy with this month’s BoxyCharm. Take a look at my review here.
8. Tuesday, I wrote up a review on my experience with StepBet. It’s an awesome way to get motivated to meet your step goals.
9. Also, don’t forget to check back on Saturday for my Sephora Play box review. There were two major hits in this one!
Tell me about the last place you traveled to!
Do you like flying or do you hate it like me?