Welcome back to Thinking Out Loud Thursday courtesy of Amanda from Running with Spoons! It’s time again to share some random thoughts from the past week. Check out the link up if you haven’t already – it’s a lot of fun to see what everyone posts.
Also, before we get started, make sure to check out my luxury beauty giveaway here!
Thinking Out Loud about Life
1. We’re in the middle of a crazy heat wave this week. It’s been in the 90s for days with oppressive humidity, and we’re expecting this weather to stay put at least until the weekend. I do love summer, but I do prefer a little bit more mild versions of summer than this. Thank goodness for air conditioning!
2. One thing I do love about summer and crazy heat waves is the thunderstorms that follow. I’ve been a lover of storms since I was young. Nowadays when there’s a storm, I open up all the shades so I can watch the downpours and lightning.
3. Yesterday right before I went home from work, I decided to head outside for a quick walk. I knew what I was in for with the weather, but was starting to get cabin fever from being in the office all day. I was outside for only about 10 minutes, but when I got back, somehow I ended up with a tan! I’m one of those really pale girls who never ever tans, so this was a little surprising. I’ll take it though.
4. This week while at work, I’ve been listening to some really old throwback playlists on Spotify. I decided to see what was out there to listen to from my high school years, in particular the year I graduated (2001). It’s been so much fun and I’ve even found some songs that I had completely forgotten existed.
5. When I was in high school I was completely obsessed with pop music, and boy bands in particular. *NSYNC was my main obsession, and I must have seen them in concert at least 7 or 8 times. I still remember almost all of the choreography to their songs.
6. I was also addicted to watching TRL after school everyday. Remember TRL? It was one of my favorite things ever back then. I wish there were still music shows like that around these days.
Thinking Out Loud about Blogging
8. In the next week, look out for a BoxyCharm review (it’s a good one!), a Sephora Play! review and also an installment of One Week One Palette with a twist.
9. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway before you go!
What kind of music did you listen to in high school?